- Outer empires, posted by coll754 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:57 pm
- Will Crowfall suck?, posted by gfive on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:51 pm
- How's the game now?, posted by gfive on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 am
- Re: Sandbox MMO of the year., posted by gfive on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:37 am
- Re: Sandbox MMO of the year., posted by gfive on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:35 am
- Sandbox MMO of the year., posted by MortalMan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 am
- Shards Online, posted by Lambo on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:11 pm
- Re: Gloria Victis, posted by Lambo on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:05 pm
- Re: Sandboxer.org!!, posted by Lambo on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:26 pm
- Re: Sandboxer.org!!, posted by MortalMan on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:25 am
- Re: Sandboxer.org!!, posted by MortalMan on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:25 am
- Re: Gloria Victis, posted by Sandboxer on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:09 am
- Gloria Victis, posted by Lambo on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:56 am
- Sandboxer.org!!, posted by Lambo on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:36 am
- Mortal Online!, posted by MortalMan on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:59 am
- New topic, posted by Sandboxer on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:48 am
Category Archives: post-apoc
Smedley said that the team is "extremely on top of" any hacking going on in the game and will only get better as time goes by. "What we have is extremely robust in terms of detection and prevention," he posted. "Now that we started with detection, you'll be seeing the prevention go nuclear."
Patches that are coming soon to the game will cover many vital issues, according to Smedley. These fixes include more loot, frame rate fixes, the infamous G29 problem, the floating arrow bug, and a slower drain rate for hunger and thirst.Permalink | Email this | Comments
I wanted to address what I said in an earlier stream with NGTZombies prior to our release. I said you cannot buy a gun or ammo and it had to be found in the world. When you are on a stream, and you are talking about your game, you tend to talk a million miles an hour both to keep the information flowing and to keep it entertaining. But sometimes things get said without completely thinking about what you are saying 100% through. H1Z1 is a massive game with a lot of systems, some of which we were tuning every day and finishing last minute. When I said you can't buy any guns or ammo, I completely disregarded the possibility of airdrops and meant that you can't buy a gun or ammo and have it go into your starting loadout, or your loadout immediately like you were buying a gun from the gun store.Clegg explained that during testing, the loot-heavy airdrops resulted in a "gladiator style brawl" that epitomized the conflict SOE wanted to generate in the game. "Whether you agree with us or not," he wrote, "that is how we want airdrops to work." The second half of his post covers the details of the changes incoming to the system as noted yesterday.
All that being said, I totally understand how what I said was at the time lying to you guys and I apologize. But please understand that's not what I was trying to do. For those of you that don't know me or understand me, know that I'm not trying to be this monster that is conniving and lying in hopes that you get tricked into buying the game. I am very passionate about making video games and I want more than anything in the world for people to love the games that I am a part of making.
SOE President John Smedley announced last night that the studio will grant refunds to those early access purchasers who request them by Sunday. Self-initiated refunds through Steam are also now possible.Permalink | Email this | Comments
1) You cannot call in airdrops until the servers are 1/4 full. 2) You can't call in airdrops without generating a ton of zombie heat. 3) the airdrops are random in what they deliver. 4) you are not guaranteed to get a single thing out of the airdrop you called in. You could die trying and you're out the money. 5) We fly the plane in very slowly and loudly.. we also stream green smoke from it you can see from very far away.But he does note that SOE will be "making some big changes" to airdrops, including widening the radius, reducing the chance they'll drop guns, slowing the airdrop planes even more, and increasing the number of players who can call them at any given time. "If you think it's P2W don't buy it. Don't play it," Smed posted. "But I have to say wait until you've personally tried them before making the call." Continue reading H1Z1 bests login issues, justifies and tweaks 'pay-to-win' airdrops [Update: Refunds being granted] Permalink | Email this | Comments
"Is it going to be a finished game? Absolutely not. If that's what you're expecting, DO NOT BUY EARLY ACCESS," he wrote. "The goal here is to let you in early and help us mold it into a game you want to be a part of for quite a long time." Smedley went on to mention the entry-level price point ($19.99) and he also addressed comparisons between H1Z1 and Day Z.
"Is H1Z1 going to be better than Day Z day one? No it won't. We'll get asked that question a lot and I wanted to be up front about it," Smedley explained. "We're not as feature-rich and they have a lot of really cool stuff we just don't have yet. That being said, we're also a different game. We're an MMO and our goals are to create a large scale world that gives you the incredible feeling of being a survivor in a zombie apocalypse." Permalink | Email this | Comments
SOE has published another H1Z1 dev spotlight vid. Environment artist Ruby Opfer is your host, and she spends the clip's three-minute running time expounding on various fan-submitted questions.
Want to know about the zombie gankbox's underwater exploration potential? What about cities and the ability for players to take them over? How about structural barricades and whether or not you can line your bunker with crafted wooden spikes?
All these questions and a few more are touched on just past the break.
"So much goes into making these sounds seem realistic beyond just choosing an audio file to play," Spence explains. "Taking into account your surroundings, whether you are inside or outside, what type of ground you are on, time of day, and even weather can play a big part in the final thing you hear."
Spence discusses sound effects, environment sounds, and, of course, music. You can check out the audio test videos after the break!
Permalink | Email this | Comments
But as of this week, Notorious Games has lifted some of those restrictions. In a press release issued today, the studio explained,
Starting this week, new players can join the Xsyon community and start their own tribe for free. Creating their own homesteads, new free players can shape the land explore the game's extensive architecture system on their own, without the aid of other game citizens!If you're a free player chafing at ArcheAge's housing restrictions, well, here's a sandbox willing to accommodate you.Permalink | Email this | Comments
Carrico spends the vid's four-minute running time fielding fan-generated questions, one of which pertains to crafting. "Crafting can get really deep," he says, before giving an example of makeshift weapon fabrication. Carrico also mentions ammo variation, though he says that flaming, exploding, and poison-tipped arrows will have to wait until after H1Z1's early access goes live.
Finally, Carrico talks about item degradation, which will affect everything from weapons to structures to tools. Click past the cut to watch the full clip.Permalink | Email this | Comments
He also discusses recoil and shooting mechanics and how "feel" can trump realism.
"We've mentioned in the past that we want to avoid tuning and creating things simply because they 'that's the way it is in real life,' which means I get to take to take a realistic ballistic and weapon recoil feel and make it feel satisfying and fun. Typically the gravity of projectiles in real life doesn't fit the intended play experience we seek out. After all, the weapon feel and functionality has to fit our world design as well as Zombie and Player combat."The full dev blog is on the official site. We took a look at H1Z1's art and lighting effects last week.Permalink | Email this | Comments
Enjoy the dev spotlight below.Permalink | Email this | Comments
If farming's more your style, Notorious Games says that you can now "raise a variety of different crops, watering, tending, and fertilizing them to obtain bountiful harvests." More details are available via the latest Xsyon patch notes.Permalink | Email this | Comments