Water is about to get a lot more interesting in Shroud of the Avatar. Starting with Release 23, the game is experimenting with advanced ocean effects in limited areas. These effects include more realistic waves and the ability to intensify if bad weather arrives.
The studio also relocated to new offices recently in order to conserve backer funding. Fans of the game flocked to help pitch in for “the big move” on October 17th and 18th.
You can check out a couple of videos of the new water system after the break.
Cloud Imperium released a couple of Star Citizen updates last night, both in game and on its website. First up is version 1.3, which is now available for download through the launcher and which represents a good chunk of under-the-hood work which merged several different development streams. The flight model was updated, new guns were added, the chat system was upgraded, and ArcCorp’s Area 18 was expanded, if you’re looking for the visible changes.
CIG also released its latest development update post, which takes a lengthy and high-level look at the progress made on both Star Marine and the 2.0 patch over the past week.
– Implemented headshots detection in PVP
– Implemented experience gaining in PVP
– Modified mechanics of the NPC enemies loot – now every player can loot every NPC enemy
– Modified mechanics of the experience gaining in PVE – experience is granted to a player who did the last attack, instead of a player who dealt the first one
– Increased the movement speed of players characters when blocking – still, when blocking, movement is a bit slower than usually
– Increased the movement speed of NPC enemies when blocking
– Implemented random patrolling routes of NPC enemies
– Implemented new defensive objects placed on the gate towers – stones and wooden logs to be thrown down on the enemies
– Implemented new town – Fangsborough placed in the northwest part of Stoneholm
– Implemented new location – raiders camp placed near Twinfall
– Implemented new location – battleground placed near Twinfall
– Added new NPCs in Audunstede
– Updated networking environment in order to improve the performance of servers – please report any issues
– Significantly increased the server’s performance
– Improved working of defensive objects placed on the gate towers
– Implemented numerous fixed for the party system
– Edited Polish version of the dialogues for some of the NPCs from Aundunstede
Please log in to vote
You need to log in to vote. If you already had an account, you may log in here